Beginning this year, the Town of Kearny is launching a new lottery system to distribute 2020 overnight parking permits for the following Town lots:
▪ American Legion/VFW ▪ Brighton Ave. Playground
▪ Chestnut St. (behind Mandees) ▪ Dowd Playground
▪ Mandee* ▪ Police Substation*
▪ Provident Bank ▪ 101 Kearny Ave. (formerly Sopranos)*
*Commercial vehicles permitted
2020 Overnight Parking Permit Rates
Passenger Vehicles – $125.00
Commercial Vehicles* – $250.00
Business Permits (daytime) – $525.00
Lottery entry forms will be available beginning August 26, 2019 at Town Hall or can be downloaded and printed from the town’s website www.kearnynj.org. Completed entry forms may be hand-delivered or mailed to the Clerk’s Office, 402 Kearny Avenue, Kearny, NJ 07032. Mailed entries must be postmarked no later than September 13, 2019. Entries received after September 13th forfeit the right to be included in the drawing.
A lottery drawing for all available overnight parking spaces will be held on Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. in the Clerk’s Office at Town Hall. Applicants need not be present. All entries chosen will be notified by either phone or email within 10 days; winners are subject to eligibility requirements as defined by Town Code Section 7-33 and application review and verification that the applicant does not have access to a driveway on the tax lot in which they reside.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR OVERNIGHT PARKING LOTTERY AT TOWN LOTS
1) There is a limit of one lottery entry per household, per lot.
2) Lottery entry forms are available on the Town website www.kearnynj.org to download and print, and at Town Hall, 402 Kearny Avenue.
3) The Clerk’s office will accept lottery entries for three weeks (August 26 – September 13, 2019). Only mail-in and hand-delivered entries will be accepted; emailed forms will not be accepted.
4) All lottery entries must include a selected parking lot of choice or the entry will be disqualified.
5) A lottery drawing will be held on Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. in the Clerk’s Office, Town Hall. Applicants need not be present.
6) Winners of overnight parking spaces will be notified by phone or email within 10 business days of the lottery drawing date (by October 9, 2019) with instructions and deadlines for submitting Overnight Parking Permit applications and payment.
7) Completed applications and payment are due by October 25, 2019. If an application is deemed incomplete and/or payment is not received by October 25th, the 2020 overnight parking permit is forfeited. All winners are subject to eligibility requirements as defined by Town Code Section 7-33 and application review and verification that the applicant does not have access to a driveway on the tax lot in which they reside.
8) Applicants who have not been contacted for a 2020 overnight parking permit from the lottery drawing on September 25th will be placed on a waitlist in the order their entry is selected and is eligible for unclaimed or forfeited permits.
9) Residents who did not enter the lottery will be placed on a waitlist following those applicants who did not win an overnight parking space in the lottery drawing.
10) Parking permit stickers will be mailed by mid-December.
11) We reserve the right to disqualify any entries not meeting the above eligibility requirements. The Town is not responsible for any lost entries or delayed delivery by the US Postal Service or by any other delivery service. Entries must be received by the September 13th deadline.
12) For additional questions, or to confirm your entry has been received, contact the Clerk’s Office at (201) 283-5601.