Flu shots are free and available to Kearny and East Newark residents only. Please bring proof of residency.
PLEASE NOTE* that flu shots must be scheduled and walk-ins are NOT permitted. Call (201) 997-0600, Ext. 3505 to schedule and confirm your flu shot date/time prior to 3/31/20.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends all individuals six months and older receive seasonal influenza vaccine (i.e., the flu shot), especially:
- Persons aged 65 years and older, with and without chronic health conditions
- Residents of long-term care facilities
- Persons aged 2–64 years with chronic health conditions
- Children aged 6 months or older, who attend any licensed child care center or pre- school activity
- Women who are or will become pregnant
- Health-care personnel who provide direct patient care
- Caregivers of those at risk Individuals with chronic pulmonary, cardiovascular, renal, hepatic, neurologic, hematologic, or metabolic disorders
- Individuals who have a BMI of 40 or more
- American Indians
Please call the Kearny Health Department if you need further information at (201) 997-0600, Ext. 3505.