After discussions with the Mayor and Town Administrator, the Kearny Public Library will be closed to the public until further notice beginning on Monday, March 16 to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This action is taken with the safety of our patrons in mind.
Staff will be available at the Main Library (318 Kearny Ave.) from 10 AM – 5 PM. We can assist with questions over the phone. Also, some materials may be available to pick up by appointment between 12 and 2 PM if patrons call ahead for details.
The Branch Library (759 Kearny Avenue) will not be staffed at all.
All fines will be forgiven if accrued during this period. Items can be kept or returned using our book drop.
As always, our digital resources will be available. Please note that you can call for a temporary code if you do not have a card.
These are some things you may not know you can do from home:
- Read the Star-Ledger every day from a computer or tablet
- Borrow an eBook or audiobook virtually from our digital collections
- Browse our online collection of Kearny High School yearbooks
- Try out a new recipe from our huge online database of world foods
- Choose from more than a dozen languages and take some lessons
- Download music from the Sony catalog
- Brush up on your job or computer skills
We are monitoring the situation as it evolves and will keep everyone informed. Please check our website for updates and statements. If you have questions or need information, please contact the library at (201) 998-2666.
Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!