The Kearny Recreation Department is offering a Summer Open Playground Program to the children of Kearny ages 5 to 13, Monday through Friday 9:00am. to 3:00pm.until Friday, August 21, 2020 at the following playgrounds:
- Scott Playground located on the corner of Belgrove Drive and Park Avenue.
- Bell Playground located on Stewart Avenue between Chestnut Street and Devon Street.
- Dowd Playground located on Devon Terrace between Davis Ave. and Devon Street
- Manor Park located on W. Bennett Avenue between Hamilton Ave, & Jefferson Street
- Pettigrew Playground located on the corner of Highland and Woodland Avenue behind Washington School.
- Rogers Playground located on the corner of Oakwood Ave. & Hickory Street
Our summer playground program provides young people with opportunities to enjoy games, arts and crafts, activities, organized sports and more in a supervised environment.
Please be advised parents/guardians for the safety of all children attending and our staff, the following rules are required:
- Wearing a mask is required
- Temperature scans. Anyone with a temperature 100.4 or higher will be sent homme immediately.
- Do not enter the playground if you are exhibiting symptoms of illness
- Please wash or sanitize your hands before, during and after participation
We recommend children do not stay any longer than 45 minutes in the program as there are no water fountains or restrooms available. In the event of rain, all playgrounds are closed for the day. In the event of excessive temperatures, the playground program will close at one o’clock.
There is NO cost to attend this program.
For further information contact the Kearny Recreation Department at 201-955-7983.