(KEARNY) — In advance of opening multiple fulfillment centers in Kearny and northern New Jersey, Amazon will be conducting an in-person event to meet residents and potential job applicants for new openings. Amazon plans to hire 30+ candidates for new positions at its Kearny locations.
Amazon Hiring Process
Amazon’s recommends that candidates opt-in to its text message (text JERSEYNOW to 77088) campaign to be the first to hear about new jobs. Amazon only accepts applications when it is actively hiring and tries its best to get applicants started with their new jobs within 16 days or less. There are no resumes needed and no job interview. Candidates will need to be able to apply and pass a virtual job try-out (VJT), background check and drug test. Applicants must be 18+ years of age or older and have a high school diploma or equivalency.
Amazon’s warehouse opportunities pay a minimum of $15/hr. Amazon’s Community Open House is where potential applicants come and hear more about Amazon hourly opportunities. New Hire Events are where applicants may be given on-the-spot job offers. Amazon staff takes the time to explain the hiring process and the benefits of joining the Amazon team. Most importantly candidates who are interested leave having opted in to our text campaign or our talent community.
Job and Scheduling (Warehouse)
- Fulfillment Centers–full-time schedule. Shift options include overnight and days, and usually at least one weekend day.
- Delivery Stations–Part-time, and either overnight or early morning. Shifts are 4 to 6 hours long, 15-25 hours each week.
- Sort Centers–Part-time opportunities, with a consistent schedule of 16-24+ hours per week.
- Prime Now Warehouses–Select from flexible 3-4 hour shifts and hours each week (work when you want totaling up to 20 hours).
- Amazon Fresh Warehouses–Mostly part-time schedules to 29 hours a week, with some full-time options.
- PRIME PANTRY Warehouses – Full-time schedules, with a variety of shifts.
NJ Jobs: www.amazon.com/njjobs
Amazon offers a full range of benefits to regular, full-time U.S. employees that support employees and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. These benefits include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid time-off and Holiday overtime pay
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Discounts on Amazon purchases
Amazon’s benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as part-time, seasonal, or temporary employment.