Dear Kearny Community,
At a time when COVID-19 testing is critical to the pandemic response, we want you to know that there is a drive- thru testing site available to any adult who meets CDC and state and local guidelines on who should be tested, including first responders, health care providers and others with symptoms of COVID-19 and those in high risk groups without symptoms. Visit www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com to see if you are eligible to be tested.
Please find additional information below regarding the testing site and how to schedule an appointment. There is no out-of-pocket cost for individuals.
-Quest Diagnostics and Walmart
WHAT: A drive-thru COVID-19 testing site in Kearny, New Jersey. All appointments will be drive-thru, observed self- collection at the Kearny Walmart location. Quest’s MyQuestTM online portal at www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com will screen and schedule those individuals who meet the eligibility criteria. On-site scheduling will be available for those who need assistance with scheduling. To be tested, individuals must have a scheduled appointment and be present in a vehicle, as no walk-ups will be seen.
WHO: • Any adult who meets CDC and state and local guidelines on who should be tested, including first responders,
health care providers and others with symptoms of COVID-19 and those in high risk groups without symptoms.
- Individuals must be 18 years of age or older to be tested.
- For more information on testing eligibility please see CDC guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/clinical-criteria.html
- The drive-thru sites will be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., weather permitting.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your appointment time.
NOTE: The site will be closed for Memorial Day, Monday, May 25, but will open Tuesday, May 26, from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and resume its regular schedule on Wednesday.
- You must first qualify for COVID-19 screening and schedule an appointment at: www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com. On-site scheduling will be available for those who need assistance with scheduling.
How to use a QR Code:
Step 1: Download a QR code reader app or use the camera app 2.
Step 2: Position your phone so the QR code appears in the digital viewfinder 3.
Step 3: Launch the code
o Kearny Walmart Parking Lot: 150 Harrison Ave, Kearny, NJ 07032
- PLEASE NOTE: Testing is not available inside any Walmart store or in any Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Center.
- Individuals being tested will receive their COVID-19 test results through the secure MyQuest online portal or app and may receive a call from our telehealth partner PWN to review results.
- The average turnaround time to report results is 2 – 3 days from the day of collection.
- While individuals who are tested are awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the disease from spreading to people in your home and community.
WHAT TO BRING/THINGS TO NOTE:
- The testing site requires an appointment through Quest’s MyQuestTM online portal and app. You will receive an appointment confirmation that you will need to have on hand when you arrive on-site.
- In addition, please make sure to bring a valid photo ID for proof of identity.
- Those being tested will need to wear a mask stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and sample self-collection. For the safety of all those on-site, the test site is not able to service those who walk up.
- Individuals being tested will perform a self-administered nasal swab in their car with a healthcare provider observing them. Directions will be provided in the confirmation email after scheduling the appointment and on-site. If you don’t believe you will be able to self-administer the nasal swab, please bring someone with you who can assist you.
- It’s important to take care of yourself and monitor your symptoms closely. If your symptoms do not improve or you develop new or worsening symptoms, seek medical attention right away. Do not wait to receive your results.
If you have any questions regarding your scheduled appointment, please call Quest’s dedicated COVID-19 line at 866-448-7719. \