On Tuesday July 28, 2020 the Kearny Health Department will be temporarily relocating its offices to 50 Belgrove Drive to allow for renovations at the current Health Center building. The renovations are expected to take several months. The Health Department is not expected to return to the Health Center building until January 2021.
Office for Health Department services
Operating hours 8:30am to 4:30pm (m-f, excluding holidays)
50 Belgrove Dr.
The following services will be performed at 50 Belgrove Drive:
- Registrar of Vital Statistics
- Social services: housing/senior and welfare assistance/food pantry
- Senior transportation and senior meals scheduling
- Complaints (food, environmental, misc.)
- Mask and glove distribution
Hartung Center Building for nursing services
Operating hours by appointment ONLY (no walk-ins)
905 Passaic Ave.
Contact# 551-655-8309: Nurse Mary Botelho
The following services will be performed at 905 Passaic Ave:
- Vaccination clinics (including flu)
- VFC immunization program
- Senior Blood pressure and Health and Wellness clinics
- Baby station and health check
- School immunization records
- COVID-19 information, contact tracing and health education
For all offices:
- Wearing facial covering is required
- Keep your distance: CDC recommends a minimum of 6 feet of social distance.
- Keep your hands clean. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms of illness stay home.
- Residents exhibiting any visible signs or symptoms of the Coronavirus will be asked to exit the trailer.
- Residents are subject to temperature checks. The CDC considers a person to have a fever when he or she has a measured temperature of at least 100.4 degrees. Any resident that has a measured temperature of at least 100.4 degrees will not be permitted to enter the office(s).