By resolution adopted at the Mayor and Town Council meeting of May 5, 2020, the deadline for payment of property taxes for the 2nd quarter of 2020 has been extended until June 1, 2020. To pay your Town of Kearny property taxes, the following options are available:
- Mail your payment using the postal service. For this quarter only, the Town will accept the USPS stamp date as date of receipt.
- Process the payment online (www.kearnynj.org) using e-check or ACH. A flat convenience fee of $1.05 will be charged by the third party company.
- Process the payment online (www.kearnynj.org) using debit or credit card. A 2.95% convenience fee based on the payment amount will be charged by the third party company.
- A drop box is installed at the front entrance of the Town Hall for “check” payments only. Residents are encouraged to use envelopes before placing the payments with tax stub in the drop box. The cancelled check will serve as your receipt or you can confirm the payment online in a few days.
- Starting, May 4th, for approximately four weeks, the lower level of the Town hall will be opened to the public for payment of taxes only. A limited number of residents will be allowed to enter the building from the Kearny Avenue elevator entrance area and will exit using the rear door leading to the Town Hall parking lot. No other business will be permitted during this time. Residents entering the building must have a mask or basic face covering and practice social distancing making sure they are at least six (6) feet away from any other person present in the building.