- This event has passed.
Health Department Holds Flu Clinics
October 30 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The Kearny Health Department has a limited supply of Flu vaccine. The brand we use is GlaxoSmithKline FLULAVAL QUADRIVALENT. It is delivered in a 0.5-mL single-dose prefilled syringe. Flu shots are free and available to Kearny and East Newark residents only. Please bring proof of residency. Please note that our presentation is not a high dose for 65 years or older.
Clinics will be held at the SUEZ water department, 570 Elm Street (Police department building, corner of Elm St. and Laurel Ave.) on the following dates:
Friday, October 30th, 2:00pm – 7:00pm (persons aged 18 years and older)
Friday, November 6th, 2:00pm – 7:00pm (persons aged 18 years and older)
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends:
- Persons aged 65 years and older, with and without chronic health conditions
- Residents of long-term care facilities
- Persons aged 2–64 years with chronic health conditions
- Children aged 6 months or older, especially those who attend any licensed child care center or pre- school activity
- Women who are or will become pregnant
- Health-care personnel who provide direct patient care
- Caregivers of those At-Risk Individuals with chronic pulmonary, cardiovascular, renal, hepatic, neurologic, hematologic, or metabolic disorders
- Individuals who have a BMI of 40 or more
- American Indians
Face coverings are required to be worn at all times while keeping 6 feet of distance between yourself and others. To limit unnecessary social contact we are requesting that all paperwork be completed ahead of time. Paperwork is attached and can also be picked up at the Kearny Health Center office (50 Belgrove Drive). Flu shots for those 18yrs and younger can be made by appointment. Please call The Health Dept. at (201) 997-0600, Ext. 3500/3505.