- This event has passed.
KUEZ Board meeting
January 21 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
In accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-6 et seq., due to the State of Emergency regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus), the Regular Meeting of the Kearny Enterprise Zone Development Corporation (KEZDC) Board scheduled for Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 7:00 pm will be conducted via the Zoom virtual meeting service at the scheduled date and time. Town Hall and the Council Chamber located at 402 Kearny Avenue, Kearny, are closed to the public for the meeting.
“Zoom Cloud Meetings” is the name of the app. Please download the app on a computer or mobile device and use the following Meeting ID: 844 3107 0893. Alternatively, members of the public can visit the following link and join the meeting via Video Conference: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84431070893. Members of the public can also join by telephone by dialing 1 888 475 4499 (Toll Free) or 1 877 853 5257 (Toll Free) and entering the Meeting ID number: 844 3107 0893.
Video functionality will only be turned on for the KEZDC Commissioners and for Town Officials, as needed. If you are a member of the public and wish to participate in the public portions of the meeting, you must follow the following instructions to join the virtual meeting via Zoom Audio:
- Join the meeting using Zoom Audio. Participants can “raise their hand” with an icon.
- All microphones of public speakers will be muted except during the public portions of the meeting. When you hear your name announced during the public portions of the meeting, you may address the Chairman of the Board. After a speaker’s time expires, that individual’s microphone will be muted to allow other speakers the opportunity to address the Chairman. Each user will have the capability to participate via audio only.
Only members of the public using Zoom Audio will be able to participate during the public portions. Members of the public will not be able to speak in the public portions if using the Video Conference option or telephone number option.
The extent of the agenda is known as follows:
- A Motion to Appoint the KEZDC Chairman to a 2-Year Term.
- A Motion to Appoint the KEZDC Secretary to a 2-Year Term.
- A Motion to Appoint the KEZDC Treasurer to a 2-Year Term.
- A Motion to Ratify the Contract for Gregg F. Paster, Esq. as the KEZDC General Counsel with the Term Ending December 31, 2021.
- A Motion to Ratify the Contract for Linda Kraus-D’Isa Public Relations and Marketing Communications as the KEZDC Events Coordinator with the Term Ending December 31, 2021.
- A Motion to Approve a Resolution Authorizing the Spring Yard Sales Event in the amount not to exceed $8,000.00.
- Discussion on the “Kearny Eats Week” summer event.
- Update on the State of the UEZ.
- Update on the 2020 Kearny Virtual Tree Lighting.
- Update on the Kearny UEZ Rewards Program.
- Update on Marketing Budget and Concepts.
- Comments from the Public on Agenda Items and Matters of KUEZ Interest.